Veterans Benefit Fair at Cantigny Park
Join us on September 29, 2012 from 9 AM to 6 PM for the 3rd Annual Veterans Benefit Fair at Cantigny Park. This event can only be described as a one-of-a-kind event to benefit Veterans. In just the last few years, there have been many changes to Veteran benefits and we are convinced that few, if any, Veterans are aware of these benefits and services that they have earned and so richly deserve.
Our objective for this event is three fold:
- We want to ensure that all Veterans know about and can use the benefits that they have EARNED.
- We want to say THANK YOU to ALL Veterans regardless of when or where they served.
- We want to CELEBRATE with them on what we believe is a most special day.
The Benefits Fair at Cantigny Park will feature:
- The Vietnam Traveling Wall “The Wall That Heals”
- The Freedom Express, including Voter Registration
- Benefit Resources
- Presentations by:
Military: Top 5
Steps to Prepare
will speak for
one hour on
her personal and
leaving the 1st
ID (Big Red One)
in Germany and
starting life as
a civilian in
will offer "get
well as to
looking to learn
how to hire
Some additional information on Marcea: Upon graduation from the University of Miami in 1994 with a BS in Electrical Engineering, Marcea was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army. She brought her athletic abilities as a Division I collegiate athlete to the Army, entering the military World Class Athlete Program, representing the Army at national rowing events and placing second at the 1995 Pan Am Games. Following completion of flight school in 1996, Marcea spent seven years flying and maintaining Black Hawk (UH-60) helicopters in two divisional infantry units including the 25th Infantry Division “Tropic Lightning” out of Hawaii and the First Infantry Division “Big Red One” out of Germany. She was awarded two Army Commendation Medals and two Overseas Service Ribbons during her distinguished nine year military career. She left with the rank O-4 Major.
- Illinois Department of Employment and Illinois American Legion Department will partner together to give a large presentation on "Translating Your Military Skills into Civilian Skills," "the Common Mistakes of Interviewing," and "How to Create an Effective Resume." A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
- Joan Ryan, Administrator from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs, will give a one hour presentation on the Post 9-11 GI Bill and he will provide brief information on state benefits and Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP).
- Jan Scruggs will give a presentation on the Moving Wall. As president of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund Inc., the nonprofit organization created to build and maintain the Memorial, Scruggs headed up the effort that raised $8.4 million and saw the Memorial completed in just two years.
- Veterans Group
- Universities to educate Veterans on their benefits. Also, the universities will provide information on their academic programs.
- College of DuPage
- Concordia University Chicago
- DePaul University
- Eastern Illinois University
- Elgin Community College
- Elmhurst College
- National Louis University
- Northern Illinois University
- North Central College
- Robert Morris University Undergrad
- Robert Morris University Graduate
- Roosevelt University
- Rush University
- St. Xavier University
- Lewis University
- Benedictine University
- and more to
- Veterans Assistance Commission of DuPage
- National Able Network Veterans Services
- Dignity Memorial
- NEDSRA Healthy Minds/Healthy Bodies
- Easter Seals Community One Source
- Oak Park Vet Center
- Hines VA
- Supreme Lending
- The Veterans Practice LTD
- DuPage Veterans Center
- Mobile Vet Center
- Veterans Service Officers from Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- The Del Souls
- The Vinyl Covers Band
- Patt Holt Singers
- and more to come!
- Food vendors
- And more!
This event is brought to you by the First Division Museum and Welcome Home All Veterans. For more information, call 630.260.8227.
Everyone is invited to attend. Come show your appreciation and support for our Veterans and military.