First Division Museum at Cantigny Grants
As part of the McCormick Foundation team, the First Division Museum at Cantigny supports the ideals of a free democratic society by investing in children, communities and country through offering grants. These grants include internships, fellowships, school tour transportation scholarships and monetary grants that further our mission.
For more details, please contact 630.260.8185.
The First Division Museum at Cantigny in Wheaton, Illinois, will underwrite serious scholarly research that uses our holdings and/or involves the history of the 1st Infantry Division. Candidates for a fellowship must apply formally, be selected, sign a memorandum of understanding, and submit a monthly progress report with their claim for re-imbursement of research related expenses. Fellowships are available and will be provided to approved applicants in kind or on a reimbursement basis to defray the direct costs of research at Cantigny, that is, travel, local lodging and transportation, and services and materials relating directly to the research. Applicants must demonstrate that their research is part of an approved undergraduate, graduate, doctoral or post-doctoral project in which they are enrolled.
The selected applicant will:
- Conduct research at the First Division Museum at Cantigny and/or the co-located McCormick Research Center, at a date mutually agreed by all parties.
- Provide for own expenses beyond the total amount established in the fellowship agreement.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the First Division Museum and McCormick Research Center.
- Report the immediate and subsequent results of research in writing to the Executive Director, First Division Museum at Cantigny.
- Acknowledge the fellowship of the First Division Museum at Cantigny in any subsequent public statements or publications relating to or supported by the research.
To apply for a research fellowship, please contact Paul Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also sponsor or host a number of events, including Canadian Battlefield Tours, Staff Rides, the Metro History Fair, and History Conferences.